HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
Welcome to the ultimate hub of Australian seafood species information. In this section of our website, we answer questions about all of the country's most common species, including:
- Where they are caught
- How they are caught
- Whether they are ever imported
- What form they are sold in (whole, filleted, live, cooked, etc.)
- How to know if the species is fresh when shopping
- Other names they might be called
- The best ways to store them
- How long you can store them for
- How to prepare them
- How to cook them
- What flavours to pair them with
- And substitutes for different fish species, if you can't find exactly what you're looking for
Species are grouped by overarching categories - remember, you can always use the search bar if you're not sure which category to look in.
If we don't have information on a species you're looking for, send us an email! We'd be happy to add it.